Thursday, 26 May 2011


Spent a bit of time converting this C particle system into a C++ program with particles classes in the hopes that doing so would give me a good idea of how it works(and perhaps allow its use in a future project), most of it went easily with 2 exceptions. The first was that i created a bottleneck by transfering the particle text within repeatedly within the draw function which brought my Computer to a grinding halt , the second was an imagined problem once i had removed the bottleneck the program was running so (when only 100 particles where in use unlike the 500 in the aforementioned tutorial) that it appeared to be going slow, as a result i spent most of my time looking for a nonexistent problem,i'll be adding a function to check the cpu clock and then i'll put up the code.

No comments:

Post a Comment